Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow

+2
mary
combom
6 posters

Go down

'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow Empty 'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow

Post by combom Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:02 pm

At 15 Zara Hovelsas started using sunbeds every day. Now 27, you would think she should know better. Especially as she has been diagnosed with skin cancer.

But Miss Hovelsas insists she can't help herself. Six months after having her cancerous moles removed, she is back on a sunbed once a week - despite doctors warning it could result in the cancer returning.

read story here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1053594/Ive-skin-cancer--I-wont-stop-using-sunbeds-addicted-girls-defiant-vow.html
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow Empty Re: 'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow

Post by mary Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:31 pm

daft

mary

Back to top Go down

'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow Empty Re: 'I've had skin cancer... but I won't stop using sunbeds,' addicted girl's defiant vow

Post by raven Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:15 pm

i like my life a little to much to do something stupid, to die for vanity is just stupid. who are you going to impress when you are 6ft under.
raven
raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 pm

There are plenty of makeup products about now that give you a realistic looking tan, if that's what you want. Why be so stupid as to risk your life?!
Seahorse
Seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:41 pm

perhaps this is a way of increasing the quality of our genepool?
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by raven Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:07 am

sad to die for beauty
raven
raven

Back to top Go down

Post by sodabubble Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:02 pm

stupid girl! There was another lady the same on gmtv last year, and she carried on with it too, how sad.

and I agree seahorse, modern sunless tanning products are great there is no need to use sunbeds unless you have psoriasis or eczema, even then it should only be now and then.

But what worries me is, why doesnt the tanning salon stop her? I'd ban her for her own good. Yes she would probs go somewhere else, but at least you'd know you've done the right thing. Who wants to look like a prune anyway?

sodabubble

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:15 pm

its all about money with the salon's thats why they won't ban

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by sodabubble Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:55 pm

I know maheb, but it's still wrong, I mean, she will have to declare that shes had this illness and if a salon was to know this and still let her on, their insurance would be invalid and they could get in to trouble. This is classed as a contra indication.

I bet the girl wont admit to having the scare though! How vain must she be! I bet her mum and dad are fuming with her

sodabubble

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:52 am

her mum and dad should take a photo in to all the salons and tell them , thats what i would do

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by raven Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:36 pm

as long as they get their money they wouldn't care. they know the risks
raven
raven

Back to top Go down

Post by sodabubble Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:48 pm

I would too maheb, for her own good.

But people are self harming in all kinds of ways for the sake of vanity, look at the amount of people who go abroad for cheap cosmetic surgery, they dont even stay there to recover, and theres people starving themselves to be thin.

sodabubble

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:44 pm

as i said this is a way of increasing the quality of our genepool?
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by sodabubble Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:01 pm

I say it's all about attitude, people should not be paying attention to magazine articles etc about how to look, the girl in the article is obviously aware of the dangers of sunbeds, and she must know about the alternatives, but she chooses to abuse the sunbeds.

I'm not saying we should all be tramps, but we should be strong enough to not cave into buying the 'ideal'.

sodabubble

Back to top Go down

Post by marf Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:00 pm

combom wrote:perhaps this is a way of increasing the quality of our genepool?

http://www.darwinawards.com/
Honoring those who improve the species...by
accidentally removing themselves from it!
marf
marf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down