Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge

2 posters

Go down

Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge Empty Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge

Post by combom Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:02 am

Petrol prices have dropped below the £1 mark throughout the Lincoln area for the first time in 11 months.

Asda in North Hykeham and Morrisons in Tritton Road, Lincoln were the first supermarket forecourts to buck the trend in the city – dropping their prices to 99.9p per litre of unleaded fuel.

Now other stations are following suit and as the competition increases prices are expected to drop even further.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Joy-drivers-petrol-prices-plunge/article-405963-detail/article.html
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge Empty Re: Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge

Post by omega2618 Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Even greater joy for me. My heating and hot water run off domestic oil (kerosene) and the price has dropped from a summer high of 64p a litre to 44p a litre yesterday. This represents a saving of £200 on a tank of 1000 litres.(The VAT remains the same so the Chancellor still taxes my keeping warm at the same rate.What did he do with tax windfall he got when the price was high!Any chance of helping me out this winter!)

omega2618

Back to top Go down

Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge Empty Re: Joy for drivers as petrol prices plunge

Post by combom Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:23 pm

chances are it was wasted, isnt that what they do?
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by omega2618 Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:05 pm

I honestly don't know what happens to my tax pound.Perhaps someone on this forum can help.(Please don't say 'new schools and hospitals'.All new builds are private/public partnership whereby private equity builds and the Government leases them back on a 20 odd year basis by which time they will be falling down anyway.The figures I heard were that if a school costs £300m to build then it will cost £500m to lease it back.You work it out!)
Anyway,the windfall from heating alone is about £600m and this is at a lesser rate of VAT which currently is 5%. Darling did actually POSTPONE the 2% fuel levy which was due last October safely in the knowledge that he was raking it in at the pumps.(win,win.)
Anyway,the fuel windfall figures came from http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/jun/01/transport.taxandspending .
Finally,I'm all for openess and honesty and believe in transparency both with local and national Government.If I'm taxed up front and its for the greater good then so be it but I object to having my back pocket picked. The figure for stealth taxes in the past 10 years is 150 and rising. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/garbagegate/item2/stealth.htm
Combom said 'the chances are its just wasted'.
I honestly don't know.

omega2618

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down