Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
Railway barriers misery survey revealed EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Railway barriers misery survey revealed

5 posters

Go down

Railway barriers misery survey revealed Empty Railway barriers misery survey revealed

Post by combom Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:17 pm

The true extent of delays caused by the railway level crossings which cut Lincoln in half can be revealed today.

A new survey shows the barriers in High Street and Brayford Wharf East are down, on average, for 15 minutes of every hour between 9am and 5pm.

And this means around 3,000 pedestrians and 1,500 vehicles are kept waiting every day.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Railway-barriers-misery-survey-revealed/article-710345-detail/article.html
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Railway barriers misery survey revealed Empty Re: Railway barriers misery survey revealed

Post by coley1 Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:01 pm

It's been a joke for a long time and will continue to be!!! 15 minutes and hour? I would think more. Amazes me how many times they go down, a train passes, they go up, 2 cars go through and then the lights are going again!!!

Why raise them, why hold up the second train OR why not hold up the first so the barriers come down and let both through at the same time?

It will never change and we will never get the footbridge back!!!

Also amazes me how many cars still use the route when they know this happens. lol

I think it's about time the council/authorites just pedestrianised the are from Tentercroft to St Marys but I would like to suggest a new footbridge that pedestrians and cyclists can use like the one opposite the grand hotel Smile

AC

AC
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Railway barriers misery survey revealed Empty Re: Railway barriers misery survey revealed

Post by combom Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:53 pm

i rarely get straight through them, with traffic lights stopping me, id say more like 50%.

i always said they closed the wrong station, they could have rerouted the lines too
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:09 pm

i don't drive but even i have noticed when i'm out and about walking or in someone elses car with them the rails are always down or going down ,they should start sorting it out .

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:11 pm

its the council anything that needs doing they dont, and anything that dont they do, like they dug road down my street only just been done, but instead of doing something that needs doing they do opposite, what can i say its the council, make no sense to me lol
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by coley1 Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:49 pm

council have nothing to do with railway crossings. Thats Network Rail!!! and getting Network Rail to do anything is like trying to Get Gordon Brown to admit his wrongs. It just doesn't happen

AC
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Post by omega2618 Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Better traffic management i.e. route all traffic away from the crossings.Then pedestrianize from Tentercroft St to St Marys as has been suggested.If a footbridge is too costly when considering disability discrimination laws then why not a simple pedestrian underpass using the new space gained through pedestrianization.(Sorry if the spelling is wrong.Busy day,tired,not yet eaten blah,blah,blah!) Wink

omega2618

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:50 pm

they need to design an underpass that beggars and alleged musicians cant enter Wink
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:46 am

oh right, sorry thought that it was to do with council, not much brains me lol
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:56 am

you have more brains then me kid,we just can't know every thing

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by coley1 Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Don't forget going under something costs more than going over something!!!

If you build an underpass it has to support itself and the ceiling that is strong enough to withstand 20 years of trains rattling over it (although at 2mph that isn't as bad.)

A bridge just needs to be strong enough to stop it from moving and suport the weight of it being fully laden with people. Look to the future say 20 years and work the weight out on future weights to be safe Wink

Also weigh in the work of digging/building which involves 1 person operating the digger/crane, 1 foreman, 1 site manager, 1 Health and Safety Supervisor, 2 town planners, 1 Accountant, 2 people to stop cars from squeezing through the 'road closed' signs at tentercroft and St Marys, Security to stop drunkards from trying to jump over the works on their trawl back down the high street from Ritzy at night and Threshers in the day. 1 person to make sure the floodlights are working and 2 licence inspectors for the coffee/burger van.

Oh and stop Lincoln City Football matches for 6 months while they build/dig Wink

This would of course be after 6 months of consultation by whichever consultant tenders the highest bid (the most expensive is always the best.) and after approval was sought from EU meaning we need someone from France to say yes to something Britain is asking!!!!

AC
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down