Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk

+2
arkley
combom
6 posters

Go down

Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk Empty Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk

Post by combom Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:28 am

Two hospitals in Staffordshire have decided to remove the dispensers from their wards, with the NHS so concerned about the thefts they have issued a Patient Safety Alert to all hospitals and clinics across the UK.

The cleanser, which has been in the NHS for more than four years and is used to tackle hospital-acquired infections such as MRSA, contains 75 per cent proof alcohol, nearly twice the strength of whisky.

The gel is supposedly undrinkable thanks to the foul tasting chemical additive bitrex but paramedics who have treated patients found with the dispensers say addicts will simply "drink through" the taste.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/4902085/Alcoholic-hand-gels-removed-from-hospitals-after-patients-use-them-to-get-drunk.html
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk Empty Re: Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk

Post by arkley Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:50 am

The 75 percent proof alcohol only accounts for 6 percent of the hand - scrub
The rest is basically water and you would need to drink an awful lot to get drunk. I won't say whether i've tried it or not.

arkley

Back to top Go down

Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk Empty Re: Alcoholic hand gels removed from hospitals after patients use them to get drunk

Post by Tanyalasagne Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Urgh I know this stuff is horrible as my mum was in hospital for quite a few months with cancer and the state of my hands after washing them four/five times a day with that stuff - I can't imagine what there insides must feel like. Its a shame because it really is effective stuff.

Tanyalasagne

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:37 pm

just silly people, abusing stuff, ruins it for all else
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by raven Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:10 am

abit of an after taste. what about the rest of the hospital with mrsa?
raven
raven

Back to top Go down

Post by sleepy0905 Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:27 pm

just shows though some drunks will drink anything We used to get them Knicking antifreeze and screenwash when i worked for rovers, the thing is antifreeze is incredably toxic.
sleepy0905
sleepy0905

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:30 am

and it sends you blind! whats more surgical spirit makes u S*** blood too!
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum