Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate

5 posters

Go down

IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate Empty IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate

Post by combom Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Family values were under attack again last night with the news that single women having IVF will be able to name anyone they like as their baby's father on the birth certificate.

New regulations mean that a mother could nominate another woman to be her child's 'father'.

The 'father' does not need to be genetically related to the baby, nor be in any sort of romantic relationship with the mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1158322/Another-blow-fatherhood-IVF-mothers-ANYONE-father-birth-certificate.html
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate Empty Re: IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate

Post by lekishia Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:41 pm

thats stupid in my opinion, poor fathers (biological)
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate Empty Re: IVF mothers can name ANYONE as 'father' on birth certificate

Post by Seahorse Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Isn't the key here that it's SINGLE women who can name 'anyone'? As far as I know, if you go to a sperm bank, you don't get to know the name of your donor and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want full parental responsibilties anyway (as techincally at least, an anonymous donor could father hundreds of children) so whats wrong with naming another responsible adult as the co-parent?
Seahorse
Seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post by arkley Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Seahorse wrote:Isn't the key here that it's SINGLE women who can name 'anyone'? As far as I know, if you go to a sperm bank, you don't get to know the name of your donor and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want full parental responsibilties anyway (as techincally at least, an anonymous donor could father hundreds of children) so whats wrong with naming another responsible adult as the co-parent?

Absolutely nothing.

arkley

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:17 pm

could this be linked to the dissolution of the csa i wonder, the new toned down version has little power?
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:25 pm

call me old fashion but i believe children need a father and a mother at home ,not two fathers or two mothers , or one missing ,i know some times it can't be helped i was a single parent for a while after a messy divorce, but i can't understand why some just think its ok to go and have a baby or babies without thinking about the father etc.

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:27 pm

the prob these days is they generally have at least two on one parent, but as long as both genetic parents are interested, then it cant hurt i guess
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down