Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis'

3 posters

Go down

Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' Empty Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis'

Post by combom Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Celebrity chefs such as Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein are exacerbating the nation's obesity crisis by encouraging people to eat fatty dishes, it is claimed.

A panel of doctors and nutritionists has attacked their TV programmes and glossy cookbooks for promoting unhealthy eating and lifestyles.

The concerns have been supported by the Government's Food Standards Agency, which is calling on TV chefs to put a greater emphasis on health and nutrition in their recipes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1161142/Doctors-attack-celebrity-chefs-Nigella-Lawson-Rick-Stein-fat-saturated-recipes.html
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' Empty Re: Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis'

Post by omega2618 Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:55 pm

I've got to agree with a lot of the comments after the article.Most people,including myself and I like to dabble in the kitchen,have neither the time,money or energy to reproduce 90% of the recipes that T.V chefs produce.The writer of the article is being selective because I use a recipe by Delia Smith for garlic and grape stuffing which uses 4ozs of butter and I follow Gary Rhodes recipe for fish and chips and the rich batter is to die for.Both chefs are given the thumbs up by the experts.(I save all the rich 'naughty' recipes for special occasions where I'm sure,in moderation,they do little harm.)

omega2618

Back to top Go down

Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis' Empty Re: Doctors attack chefs Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein for fatty recipes that 'add to obesity crisis'

Post by combom Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:54 pm

never diss nigella!

Smile
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by omega2618 Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:32 pm

I've watched all her programmes and never heard a word she said! Wink

omega2618

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Even I love Nigella and I'm a girl! Laughing

It annoys me though - of course you're best off not sitting down with a packet of butter and a spoon but there's nothing wrong with eating richly and enjoying your grub! Give the Daily Mail a couple of days and they'll be running something about the additives in margarine being bad for you and how lack of salt leads to depression... Rolling Eyes
Seahorse
Seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:17 pm

for all i care nigella can boil mud and ill still watch Smile

storm: whats nigella cooking?
me: nigellas cooking?
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down