Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories

5 posters

Go down

Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories Empty Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories

Post by combom Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Mums claim they are distracted by cleaning or cooking while dads blame late nights in the office or sheer tiredness when they do get home.

The stats emerged in a study of 2,000 parents was carried out by CITV to launch their new children's show Bookaboo, which highlights the pleasures of books.

Worryingly, it also emerged only three per cent of fathers now find the time to read to the kids compared to 89 per cent of mothers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/4839894/Three-quarters-of-parents-too-busy-to-read-bedtime-stories.html
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories Empty Re: Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories

Post by omega2618 Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:36 am

This is all about parenting skills or lack of them.
If you cannot find the time to bring your children up correctly,and reading to them is part of that - don't have them.

omega2618

Back to top Go down

Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories Empty Re: Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories

Post by lekishia Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:28 am

i read to my little lad, well he reads to me he loves the same car book and likes just to turn pages and shout green car, red car, soooo cute, but its the quality time together i love about it Smile
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 pm

glad your doing that we use to read to all you kids

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:27 pm

i cant read to emma yet, shes too young, each time i try she turns the pages and generally messes about with the book
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:24 pm

jay was like that, only been able to sit him down still for last 2 weeks, before he used to bounce up and run round and tear pages, but he got hang of it now, got it all to come again with logan lol
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:09 pm

emma loves books, looks at them for ages, but you just cant read one to her, she even takes one to bed and sleeps on it Smile
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by coley1 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Mine are like that. They will sit there for ages with you reading them in the day but in the evening they seem to fall asleep minutes after their tea at 6pm. I have to cook earlier now just so that I can get them in the bath. There's not a lot of chance to read to them after that.

My 3 year old will listen to you read but my 2 year old just points, fiddles and generally talks over me while I am reading. lol

AC
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm

arwww lol, cute Smile
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down