Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales

5 posters

Go down

Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales Empty Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales

Post by combom Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:16 pm

For most, they are innocent tales that define childhood.

But some parents are ditching fairytales, believing they are politically incorrect or 'too dark' to read to children, a survey has found.

One in four mothers has abandoned the likes of Cinderella and Rapunzel in favour of The Gruffalo or The Very Hungry Caterpillar, written in 1969 by Eric Carle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1105662/Politically-correct-parents-ditch-offensive-traditional-fairy-tales.html
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales Empty Re: Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales

Post by lekishia Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:50 pm

all this political correct stuff does my head in, there is nothing wrong with fairytale stories i read them to my kids and not about to stop, its like nursey rymes they been round for years aswell, someone told me awhile ago that its racist to sing baa baa black sheep and that its baa baa white sheep now, i say rubbish and i'm teaching my kids the normal version and let the teachers or anyone else come to me with this, any way thats my opinion Smile
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales Empty Re: Politically correct parents ditch 'offensive' traditional fairy tales

Post by combom Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:22 pm

i hate being pc, the only book im not encouraging emma to like is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Black_Sambo , athough i had it as a child
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:42 pm

never read that one before
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Half the point of fairy tales is that some a bit 'dark'. I think it's sound advice to let your kids know it might be a bad idea to wander in the woods, or that not everyone is who they might seem to be!
Seahorse
Seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post by omega2618 Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:46 pm

I would like to add comment to the debate about political correctness which raises its ugly head, along with health and safety, all too often for my liking.However,the picture in the link showing what looks like a nasty,dangerous monster ready to pounce upon a poor defenceless mouse has left me feeling quite speechless. affraid I'm off to lie down.
p.s. Which ones Gruffalo?

omega2618

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 pm

and although im NOT racist, i love 70s comedies like LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR, humour can be just humour
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:24 pm

the world as gone madder then me and thats saying something,as my family will tell you i'm compeletely bonkers
i agree pc gone to far again, children are not allowed to be children for years we have had these stories , played in trees,hard ground floors etc,
my own children had childhoods as best as i could give them without all this pc rubbish.
of course they aren't as mad as me ,just close to it hahahahahahaha

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:57 pm

yep this woman crazy.......lock her up........ wheres the van....... men in white coats........, they never around wnen you need them lol Smile, (we loves ya though)
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:07 pm

white men in coats ,been there done that, won't get me again
i'm to smart for them now

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:25 pm

lol lol, love the avatar Very Happy
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by mary Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:01 pm

knew you would

mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down