Lincoln Maniacs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Local Pictures
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am by herostime

» life yet
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm by mary

» Hi (again)
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm by mary

» Am I alone and wasting my time?
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm by mary

» DontDumpThat
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 am by arkley

» help please
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm by mary

» new goals for the year anyone
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am by mary

» happy new year
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm by mary

» wonder if this site
SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm by mary

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 24 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 83 registered users
The newest registered user is karorl

Our users have posted a total of 4896 messages in 835 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lincoln Maniacs on your social bookmarking website

SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN

4 posters

Go down

SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN Empty SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN

Post by combom Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:53 pm

AN ALARMING 90 per cent of 11-year-olds have heard their parents swear.

Branded an “appalling” indictment, the research revealed yesterday that the average child hears their mother or father utter expletives six times a week.

And almost half of the youngsters polled admitted it upset them. Worryingly, the other 54 per cent said they were used to it.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/84747/Shocking-9-out-of-10-parents-swear-in-front-of-children
combom
combom

http://lifetheuniverseandcombom.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN Empty Re: SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN

Post by lekishia Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 pm

i admit i swear alot in front of kids, most time not at them but get annoyed and curse alot in genral
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN Empty Re: SHOCKING 9 OUT OF 10 PARENTS SWEAR IN FRONT OF CHILDREN

Post by combom Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:37 pm

i try not to, but i do if im cross
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:40 am

easily done, i get anoyed 24/7 lol, alot better with 2nd one, alot more patient Smile, still long way to go yet though lol
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by coley1 Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:57 am

I don't swear in front of the children but the wife does. maybe something to do with continentals not seeing taboos as we do.

Doesn't really matter her swearing because the portuguese TV she watches has 18 rated films on during the day on the standard (terrestrial in portugal) channels and they are unedited for sex violence and expletives!!!!

AC
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 am

I'm afraid I don't set much store by anything the Express publishes ("if only Diana were here" Rolling Eyes ). I don't like swearing when it's just a mindless insertion into conversation but if you're angry/upset/frustrated, then I think it has it's place. I expect there are worse things that kids can hear!
Seahorse
Seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post by coley1 Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:46 am

I tend to go by the old 'sticks and stones' etc

I think swear words have lost their offence nowadays to most people. Its more the tone that allies the words now which can be said of non swear words too.

Good or bad its just part of the everyday Joe's language now for emphasising things rather than using 'very' they use *******

AC
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:20 pm

i use both lol, but look at it as, bad language is better than smacking
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by coley1 Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Nothing wrong with a slapped bum. Its a tap rather than a smack. The action rather than the physical pain of a slap.

I tend to give slapped bums rather than swearing. Then someone will say 'You do know it is against the law to slap a child'

I reply with 'You believe the sensationalised stories you read in the tabloids. It is against the law to 'strike' a child with an implement or slap them on the head. It is not illegal to 'slap' a child on the bum'

(Implement meaning striking children with shoes, belts or any object other than hand)

AC
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Post by combom Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:42 pm

my mother used to club me with a wooden clog (them scholl 1970s things), nearly broke my fingers more than once. ive nothing against smacking kids, if they deserve it, but totally agree about using an object (weapon)!
combom
combom

Back to top Go down

Post by lekishia Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:57 pm

i try not to smack as dont wanna go to far i know i shout can say and raise voice as much as i want, but get so annoyed that i might smack to hard and regret it Sad, so best not to go down that road
lekishia
lekishia

Back to top Go down

Post by coley1 Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:05 pm

My Mum and Dad never smacked me but I was one of the last to get the cane at age 8 or so. Can't remember what for.

I also got the slipper (plimsole) across the palm of the hand several times before capitol punishment ended. That hurt a lot!!!

Funny thing was that it was that I had an argument with an Irish lad and he told the Irish headteacher that I had called him an Irish b*****d which I didn't but the punishment was dealt out instantly!!!

Little did the headmaster nor the boy know but my grandmother was Irish Wink

However wether I got these things for right nor wrong they did me no harm and I would say they also taught me not to do naughty things Wink

Discipline was a good thing that is these days abolished because of the few parents that step over the line. We all know where it has led to!!! Maybe they should also ban unhealthy food too so the few that constantly feed it to their children can't anymore while the rest of us need no advice on the reasons why!!!

Either way I will make sure my kids get discipline for as long as I am able to 'watch over' them and also make sure they do not turn to a diet of McDonalds and KFC as many seem to be doing at the moment Wink

AC
coley1
coley1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down